Please review the Code of Conduct and Etiquette Guide to understand RECON culture and how to interact with our global and diverse community.
Code of Conduct
RECON is an open, professional forum to explore the world of escape rooms and immersive gaming. We encourage deep discussion, skepticism, and disagreement while working through ideas. However, insulting or harassing anyone at RECON is strictly forbidden.
Harassment based on gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, appearance, disability, or professional competition will not be tolerated.
We have adopted PAX’s definition of harassment.
PAX Definition of Harassment
Harassment: Verbal, physical, psychological, or sexual abuse.
- Sexual Harassment: The following actions are considered inappropriate and may be considered sexual harassment.
- Teasing, jokes, innuendo, photos/images, gestures of a sexual/unwanted nature.
- Touching or grabbing of a sexual nature.
- Repeatedly standing too close to or brushing up against a person.
- Giving gifts of a sexual/unwanted nature
- Physical Harassment: Physical contact in an unwanted way toward another individual.
- Psychological Harassment: Unwarranted hostile behavior, threats, or intimidation made toward another individual.
The code of conduct applies to everyone in attendance at RECON including but not limited to participants, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, and staff.
Harassment can be reported by anyone to RECON management who will be easily identifiable during the event.
RECON embraces conflict de-escalation. If harassment is reported to RECON management, we will immediately and privately have individual conversations with both parties. If you are asked to stop what we perceive to be harassing behavior, we expect you to comply immediately. If the behavior persists we reserve the right to expel you immediately from the event and social channels, and refer the incident to the proper authorities.
All are welcome at RECON. Escape rooms and immersive games are for everyone. Live and let live. We’re all here for knowledge and fun, let’s keep it that way.
(This Code of Conduct will be updated to reflect in-person interactions next year.)
Abide by the RECON Code of Conduct at all times.
Always respect the views of others, even if you have differing opinions. We encourage positive debate.
Put up a photo and set your RECON nickname as your real life name so that others can see who they are interacting with. We also encourage you to add your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts to your user profile.
During presentations – use the talk specific Discord channel to ask questions and discuss items relevant to topic.
During video chat in the community voice, lounge, game tables and discussion groups – please mute when not speaking, have your video on if possible, and remember to introduce yourself. Push-to-talk (PTT) is available for those who prefer it.
In Discord text channels – please introduce yourself, and take off-topic conversations to the #off-topic channel.
Please do not:
- republish or rebroadcast content.
- repeatedly advertise a product in general chat channels.
- post material that may be offensive to others.
- spoil escape rooms, puzzles or other experiences. Use a spoiler tag.
- post confidential information.
- post information that is fraudulent, deceptive, misleading or unlawful.
- use potentially obscene language, or characters or symbols to denote offensive content.
- give legal or medical opinions or hot takes, even if you are a lawyer or a doctor – the people at this convention are not your clients or patients
- discuss national politics unless it is specifically about the operation of escape room businesses